Dip powder manicures are the perfect solution if you love a long-lasting manicure but don’t enjoy doing your gel nails at home. Dipping powder nails are generally more user-friendly than gels, as there are no lamps or curing time. If you want to try doing your dipping powder manicure at home, choosing the best dip powder nail kit for beginners is the first step.
What To Look For in the Best Dip Powder Nail Kit?
When it comes to choosing a dip powder nail kit, there are a few things that you should be looking for. First, make sure the kit includes enough colors and brushes to have various looks. The brush size is also essential, as you want to be able to paint your nails with the kit in an efficient manner.
A good dip powder nail kit is affordable, has many colors, and comes with its own replacement brushes. It’s also important to consider the durability of the product before purchasing.
The main reason to buy the best dip powder nail kit is, without a doubt, the convenience of having everything you need to do a dip powder manicure at home. For this reason, it’s essential to consider the following before you part with your hard-earned cash.
Color Selection Of The Dip Powder Nail Kit
Each dip powder kit in the market comes with various colors in different numbers. It’s worth it to be realistic about your needs and choose a dip powder nail kit that suits your usage. Dip powder lasts for a long time, and you can do many manicures with each little pot. So if you are a two-weeks nude or red manicure sort of person, spending extra money on a kit with all the colors of the rainbow is probably not worth it.
Choose a brand of dip powder nail kits that sells colors separately if you want to extend your collection over time but don’t want to make a considerable investment upfront.
Not all kits are the same, and the best dip powder nail kits for beginners tend to be different from those for professionals who may already own part of the equipment. This would include a kit that has brushes, nail files, and top and base coats, at the very least. Many dip powder nail kits also come with handy step-by-step instructions (though probably youtube is more helpful), which are great when you are in the middle of a manicure and wondering how to do a DIY dip powder manicure.
If you have never done a step-by-step complete DIY dip powder manicure yourself, spending a lot of money on an extra-luxurious kit may not be the best move. Some people lose interest in dip powder manicures when they regularly notice that they enjoy changing their nail polish. Other people find going to the salon more pleasant.
Start cheap and small if you are dipping your toes in the dip powder waters. You can always upgrade later on!
Not all dip powder brands offer the same results in terms of durability. If you love SNS nails because you enjoy weeks of flawless nails, you want to invest in a DIY home kit that offers the same results. You can expect two or three weeks without chipping or lifting when done correctly.
Does The Dip Manicure Kit Include A Bonder?
A bonder is a non-acid primer used to prep your nails and makes the application more accessible and better. While technically, it’s not mandatory to use a bonder for dip nail manicure, it helps. Think of it as a primer for your makeup; you may get away not using it if you are good at application… but it makes life easier. A nail kit that includes a bonder is a big plus for at-home dip manicures for beginners.
Best Dip Powder Nail Kits For Color Addicts: Beetles Dip Powder Nail Kit
If you don’t know which colors you prefer, choose a dip powder nail kit from Beetles. They start in 6 different colors, with all the tools you need for a perfect dip powder manicure. But at the same time, the shade range is incredible, so you can buy more colors to suit your ever-changing tastes or add a bit of current fashion to your nail wardrobe. In terms of quality, Beetles Dip Powder is a classic for DIY at-home manicures, long-lasting and user-friendly even for novices. The kits include brushes, base and activator, topcoat, and a handy brush cleaner to keep your equipment functional and clean for longer. A great choice if you are serious about at-home dip powder manicures.
Tomicca Dip Powder Nail Kit
You can usually find Tomicca dip powder kits for around 25 dollars, and that will get you everything you need for a quality dip powder manicure at home, plus 8 to 20 different dip powder colors. It includes a base coat, an activator, a topcoat, a brush cleaner, brushes, and a nail file to shape your nails. The colors are vibrant, trendy, and long-lasting and will keep your nails looking great for up to a month. But what sets this brand apart is the 30 days warranty and the customer service that will help if you run into any issues using their products.
If you already have some of the equipment for a manicure but want to get started with dip nails, give Tomicca base/top and activator set a try to build your kit. You can combine these products with any dip powder colors in the market and make your kit at a very reasonable price. The base acts as a top coat, which means fewer bottles to store, and it’s perfect if you want to try dip powder manicures without investing a lot of money.
Wakaniya Dip Powder Nails Kit
This Dipping Powder nail kit is made with natural, non-toxic materials and can be used on both natural nails and acrylic nail tips for extra length. For your money, you get a base coat, activator, top coat, brush saver liquid, polish remover bags, a nail brush, two nail files, nail brush head replacements, and a user manual.
As you can see, it’s a complete kit with 20 different dip powder colors in various trendy and classic shades. If you are serious about getting the best dip powder nail kit, this one is worth considering as it’s excellent quality for the price. The glitters are particularly impressive to use, and with the proper application, they don’t get thick as sometimes other dip powder brands do.
Best Professional Dip Powder Nail Kit: OPI Nail Dip Powder Kits
If you want to acquire the kind of dip powder kits used by professionals, check out OPI Nail dip powder kits. They are not as versatile as other kits that include all colors of the rainbow; they are single-color pots. But they last forever without chipping, and if you love a particular OPI color but wish it lasted longer on your nails, they are a great choice.
- Country Of Origin: United States
- Item Package Dimension: 2.34251968503937" L x 2.34251968503937" W x 1.99" H
- Item Package Weight: 0.1807790549917 lb
- INGREDIENTS: Polyethylmethacrylate, Bis(Glycidoxyphenyl)Propane/Bisaminomethylnorbornane Copolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica, Benzoyl Peroxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Ultramarines (CI 77007), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 11 (CI 47000).
Best Cheap Dip Powder Nail Kit: Kiss Salon Dip Professional Dipping System
This kit includes both nude and white acrylic tips to increase length and a peachy pink natural dip color for a very natural manicure. It gives the illusion of long nails in less than an hour, and it’s perfect if you need natural but groomed nails for a wedding or a holiday. It’s very classic and chic, but also really affordable. It also lacks the horrible chemical smell other dip kits in the mark seem to have. And if you like having a more colorful manicure, you can use regular nail varnish on top. Just make sure to avoid acetone when switching your traditional nail varnish.
- Stay smoothly and firmly in place for a long lasting wear
- Ready-to-wear manicure with an ultra-smooth finish has an amazing gel effect.
- Nails stay perfect
- Package Dimensions: 4.445 L x 16.51 H x 10.16 W (centimeters)
Best Starter Dip Powder Nail Kit: Azurebeauty Nail Dip Powder Starter Kit
This dip powder kit is a top seller on Amazon; this dip powder kit includes everything you need for a dipping powder manicure and then some. It also contains eight different manicure color powders, which vary depending on which set you select. It also has clear dip powder, which you can use to get a glossy, natural-looking manicure that protects your natural nails and strengthens them.
- 【Long Lasting】AZUREBEAUTY Dip Powder System Starter Kit is long-lasting. It can keep the nail art gorgeous and shiny for about 2weeks+.
- 【No Nail Lamp Need】8 Colors dipping powder nail starter kit don't need the nail lamp to cure. It feels and looks natural. AZUREBEAUTY dip powder kit allows you DIY your nail style at home.
- 【Popular Colors】Popular and trendy colors will catch people's eyes that makes you become attractive. At the same time, you can mix the different colors as you like.
- 【Easy to Apply】AZUREBEAUTY Dip Powder Starter Kit is easy-to-use. With professional nail tools and detailed instruction, even you are a nail starter can easily do your unique nail design.
- 【Notification & Package Included】Please avoiding prolonged contact with skin and read the instruction carefully before you use this dipping powder starter nail kit. The package including 4*0.34 oz dip powder liquid, 8*0.42 oz color powder, 1 nail brush,1 nail file, 3 dip powder gel brush replacement.
Best Red Manicure Dip Powder Nail Kit: Honey Joy 8pcs/set Fine Dipping Powder Dip Kit Powder
If you are a fan of a classic red manicure that doesn’t chip, give this nail dipping kit a try, and you won’t be disappointed. It includes two glittery shades and six creams in various classic reds, pinks, and plum colors. To remove them, soak them off for 10 minutes in acetone, and your nails will be ready for your next manicure.
- Item Name: Fine Dipping Powder, Easy to be Applied with Dip Nail Liquid to Coated on Nails.
- Dip Powder N.W.: 10g / pot = 0.352oz / pot.
- Quantity: 8 pots / set
- Effect: Nail and Gel Polish Plated Effect.
- Key Points: 1) Long Lasting under Correct Dip Nail Operation Steps; 2) Apply Dip Powder Evenly on Nails; 3) The Colors on Nail Tips Shown in Pictures were Made on False Nail Tips with 2 Coating / Layer of Dip Powder. And Colors on False Nail Tips Will Slightly Looks a Little Different From the Colors on Real Nails. 4) Easy to be Soaked Off By Nail Polish Remover Pad. If You Need Help When Making Your Dip Nails, Please Send us Inquiries for Help and E-Operation Steps can be Provided.
Best Splurge Manicure Dip Powder Nail Kit: Kiara Sky Dipping Powder Starter Kit
If you are looking for a brilliant gift for the nail enthusiast in your life (Or yourself!), this kit is top quality if a bit of a splurge. It includes everything you need: a bonder, cuticle oil, brush saver, and your usual base, activator, and topcoat. And it feels very premium, making a dip powder manicure at home a very salon-like experience. It includes five different dip color powders, including a glittery gold shade that looks fantastic. What are you paying for? A dip powder from one of the best-known professional nail dipping brands in the United States and beyond.
- Get stronger, light weight and natural long-lasting nails with the Kiara Sky Color Dip System Starter Kit. Our easy-to-use dip powders feel natural, do not damage the nail bed and are a healthier alternative in nail enhancements.
- Formulated without harsh chemicals and contains complex bonds that keep it from chipping, discoloring and lifting. Our all-inclusive color dip powder professional nail kit comes with everything you need for creative dip designs and beautiful full coverage.
- Exclusive to this kit are three brand new limited edition colors. Anything is possible with the Kiara Sky Color Dip System Starter Kit! See why Kiara Sky is voted the #1 Beauty Product to try by INSIDER Beauty!
- Beauty Without Bunnies (Cruelty Free)
Which Is Better for Nails Gel or Dip?
I find dip powder manicures are better for my nails, both in terms of application and removal. Dip powder soaks off using acetone, without the need for nail files. And you also don’t need to buff your nails to apply them, which in some cases can cause damage to the actual nail plate.
Is it Hard to Do Dip Nails at Home?
Dipping powder nails have a learning curve, but they are overall easy to do at home. If you are used to doing your own gel nail manicures or even traditional nail polish, you will find dip powder a breeze. They are less messy than gels or nail polish, and much easier than using acrylic builder gel for similar results. However, keep in mind that proper nail prep is key: do not try to take shortcuts or your dip powder manicure won’t last nearly as long as expected.
How to Use a Dip Powder Nail Kit
One of the best things about doing dip powder nails is how simple it is. No led amps, no sticky gels, no waiting for several minutes between layers. If you have never used a dip powder nail kit, here is how you do it in 10 simple steps:
- The key to a great dip powder manicure is good prep and nails that are clean of water and oil. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water and wipe your nails with alcohol or acetone. Some nail dip kits will come with their own nail cleaner. Use it because it will reduce the chances of the nails lifting after your manicure.
- Clean under the nails and push back the cuticles with a steel cuticle pusher or a basic wooden stick.
- Apply the base powder nail by nail: Apply a thin layer of the base coat to one of your nails, making sure the layer is really, really thin. You want to avoid a thick base coat that will result in thick-looking nails. Dip your nail into the building powder at a 45 degrees angle without rubbing it in the powder. Brush off the powder with a fluffy nail brush.
- Apply the color powder, nail by nail, and apply another very thin layer of the base coat, and then dip on the color dip of your choice. You can do this several times to make the color more solid and vibrant, but you will get thicker and thicker nails if you do. If the nail looks wet after dipping in the powder, dip again, making sure you fully cover the nail. Brush off with the fluffy brush.
- Apply the activator to each nail, covering the nails fully but avoiding the cuticles and the sides of your nails.
- Leave the activator to dry for the time recommended by the manufacturer, which usually is between 2 and 5 minutes.
- Use a 100/180 grit nail buffer to softly buff the top layer of the nail so the surface is smooth and even
- Apply another coat of the activator, and leave it to dry again for the recommended time
- Apply a thin layer of top coat and let it dry
- Apply nail oil to your cuticles which are probably quite dry at this point, and marvel at your at home dip powder nail manicure!
The key to a great at home DIY dipping powder manicure is practice. The first time you do it it may look uneven or too thick, depending on how you built the different layers. If you didn’t clean and prep your nails correctly you may discover your manicure chips or peels off your nail easily.